Date:      Mon, 30 Jan 2012 10:18:12 +0100
From:      Bernhard Froehlich <decke@bluelife.at>
To:        Yuri <yuri@rawbw.com>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: VBox: "Unsupported version 2 of data unit" after snapshot was restored

On 30.01.2012 09:26, Yuri wrote:
> After I restored the snapshot (of Windows 7 guest) I get such error
> while launching the machine again:
> "Unsupported version 2 of data unit '8237A" (instance #0, pass
> 0xffffffff)
> (VERR_SSM_UNSUPPORTED_DATA_UNIT_VERSION)
>
> I am not sure if this is FreeBSD specific or generic.
>
> FreeBSD-9.0-STABLE amd64
> virtualbox-ose-4.0.14

 From vbox developers:
Up to version 4.0 vbox used only version 1 of saved state of the DMA
controller.
With vbox 4.1 a new version 2 was introduced which cannot be used with
an older
vbox version.

So have you probably created a snapshot with a newer vbox 4.1.x and
then switched
back to vbox 4.0.x and restored the snapshot there? If that is the case
you can
restore the snapshot with 4.1.x and be sure that there is no saved
state anymore
and then switch back to 4.0.x.

--
Bernhard Fröhlich