Date:      Thu, 21 Feb 2002 09:26:43 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Jeremy C. Reed" <reed@reedmedia.net>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Using a VSLI Vision camera (with Brooktree?)

On Thu, 21 Feb 2002, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:

>  Brooktree product 0x0878 (miscellaneous multimedia, revision 0x02) at
>  pci0 dev 10 function 1 not configured

I was told off-list that function 1 is for special audio capture (so not
needed for my camera).

It was also suggested that I try composite/s-video selections.

I tried svideo, csvideo and all the rest of the Inputs and Formats
available with fxtv 1.0.3 (and 1.0.2). (Note that the RCA connection does
work -- I can watch videos; I just can't get the camera to work.)

By the way, the plug is approximately the same size as a ps/2. It has nine
pins; It looks like:

    O O
  O O O O
  O O   O
    ^^^           <- this is the notch guide

It says "Video" between this jack and the RCA jack.

The card says:
 (C) 1997 ASSY: BT00-D650-
 CAMERA CAPTURE CARD

Also:
 011 9845 BTA

Main chip has:
 Bt878KHF
 25878-12
 C40279.6
 9837
 KOREA

I looked at a few bt878 and fxtv and related sites, but couldn't find a
good list of different cards that work successfully (for webcams or TV
input). Does anyone know of a list? (If no list exists, feel free to send
your comments to me off-list and I'll make a webpage. I'll report back
here.)

Also, should I be trying a different program other than fxtv to test this
camera?

Thanks,

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://bsd.reedmedia.net/