Date:      Wed, 28 Nov 2001 20:51:24 +1100 (EST)
From:      Rowan Crowe <rowan@sensation.net.au>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Whats with this -> sendto: No buffer space available

On Wed, 28 Nov 2001, Kal Torak wrote:

> Hmm I have never noticed the link light go out... And I actualy do
> force the config in my rc.conf, I have "media 10baseT/UTP up" as
> the strings for mine...

The ADSL link itself is up, but the path to the host you're running the
PPPoE tunnel with is broken.

> I am convinced now that this is caused by telstra dropping out and
> the send que filling up... But why does it not empty? Is there some
> way to fix this??? Would upping the mbufs work? Because the way I
> see it if I increase them it will just fill them all anyway if the
> link is down long enough??

Does PPPoE have LCP echo or other link quality measuring facilities like
LQR? If so, set it up so that it detects when the other end dies, downs
the interface, then retries logins periodically, succeeding when the path
is again working.

(please don't CC me any replies to this or any other messages in this
thread - I don't really need 2 copies of the same message arriving a few
seconds apart. :) )

Cheers.

--
Rowan Crowe
camrecord.com / camdiscover.com / Sensation Internet Services