Date:      Sat, 28 Apr 2012 11:37:16 +0200
From:      Tom Lislegaard <freebsd@lislegaard.net>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problem with isp driver in 8.3-Stable

I'm trying to utilize a Qlogic 2432 FC card on 8.3-Stable (amd64)
using the isp(4) driver.
When I try to load the driver I get this

 kldload: can't load isp: Exec format error

and dmesg says

 link_elf_obj: symbol firmware_get undefined
 linker_load_file: Unsupported file type

It seems that 'firmware_get' is defined in firmware.ko (is there a
missing dependancy on this in isp?)
Anyway, even if I load firmware.ko first I still get the same error.

'file /boot/kernel/isp.ko' returns

 /boot/kernel/isp.ko: ELF 64-bit LSB relocatable, x86-64, version 1
(FreeBSD), not stripped

There's nothing special in /etc/make.conf

I'm using 8.3 as of yesterday, but saw the same behaviour on my

-tom