Date:      Thu, 14 Mar 2002 08:41:32 -0600
From:      Jesse McConnell <jesse@gallup.com>
To:        java@freebsd.org
Subject:   java ports

I finally submitted my jboss port a couple of days ago, after working
out a local issue with the reverse-dns thing..again.  Sheesh, hopefully
I got it all working now. :)

Like the way the bsd.java.mk is shaping up, I am looking forward to how
it will evolve!

One thought, now that we are getting closer to having that in place..do
we want to address how we should go about setting up ports for the
helper class jars and deal with versioning of those guys?  And how we
can setup a mkclasspath-config command for automagically setting
classpaths up to those helper classes..  where to install, etc.

I see us growing the helper class ports pretty quickly with stuff like
jgraph, cvsclient from netbeans, xml parsers, and all that jazz...

Thoughts?

Jesse

P.S. Great job Ernst!

--
Jesse McConnell                         <jesse@gallup.com>
The Gallup Organization                 (402) 486-6987