Date:      Fri, 19 Jan 2001 18:39:09 +0300
From:      Fedor Gnuchev <Fedor.Gnuchev@ext.ru>
To:        www@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   badly wanted link to Veritas on  http://www.freebsd.org/commercial/software.html

Hello,
Sorry to bug you again on the topic of adding Veritas to the

http://www.freebsd.org/commercial/software.html

I've being pushing NetBackup in several companies as backup solution
along with FreeBSD as principal OS for all Inet services. And showing
Veritas web page was cutting through resistance of management. On all
occasions though they were laughing that FreeBSD does not know that it
is backed up by Veritas. It is like having valid reverse PTR record
without corresponding A :-)

A good link might be right to the

http://www.veritas.com/us/products/nbbs/prodinfo.html

or to

http://www.veritas.com/us/products/nbux/prodinfo.html#SYSTEMREQ

Looking at link for Sendmail Inc. I see no big diffirence why same does
not apply for NetBackup. I understand that Veritas provides only client
support for FreeBSD and one need to have another (server-side) supported
platform.

quote :-)
     Sendmail Inc. develop the commercial (Sendmail Pro) and free
versions of sendmail, the ubiquitous mail transport agent. It supports
FreeBSD, as well as many other Unix
     implementation.

revised :-)
     Veritas Inc. NetBackup(TM) DataCenter product provides complete
data protection for the largest Windows NT/2000, UNIX, and NetWare
environments in corporate data centers. Organizations can manage all
aspects of backup and recovery using intuitive, graphical user
interfaces, thus allowing consistent backup policies to be set across
the enterprise.
NetBackup DataCenter's sophisticated media management provides
organizations with the
ability to perform all aspects of media management, including library
sharing. In addition, NetBackup's JavaTM interface provides complete
realtime and historical analysis of all backup and recovery operations.
It supports FreeBSD (Release 3.3 and up), as well as many other Unix
implementations.

OK, I'm not a legalese guru - the text above might need thorough
brushing.

With best regards,

Ted Gnuchev