Date:      Sun, 23 Sep 2001 17:47:51 +0200 (SAST)
From:      The Psychotic Viper <psyv@sec-it.net>
To:        Jim Freeze <jfreeze@freebsdportal.com>
Cc:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Which Netscape 6.1

Hi,

On Sun, 23 Sep 2001, Jim Freeze wrote:

> I just installed FreeBSD 4.4R and need to install netscape.
> I went to their site and they have 5 possible downloads
> for netscape that could work:
>
>  FreeBSD 2.2
>  Linux 1.2
>  Linux 2.0
>  Linux 2.0 (glibc)
>  Linux 2.2
>
> I tried 2.2, but am not having much luck.
> It says that it can't find libXt.so.6.0, but
> the file exists and I even made a soft link to it
> in /usr/local/lib.
>
> Anyway, has someone had success with any of these versions?
Havent used Netscape 6 personally but tried using the one in ports?
cd /usr/ports/www/linux-netscape6 ; make clean ; make ; make install.
And as you can see it uses the linux binary with the help of the
linux-base package but using the ports section would try and resolve and
install dependant packages.

HTH
PsyV