Date:      Thu, 23 Jan 2003 10:57:42 -0600
From:      "Kenzo" <kenzo_chin@hotmail.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: spam relay

I'm not familiar with sendmail but It doesn't look like a freebsd issue to
me.
Make sure that you're not being used for relay and you should setup some
black list rules.
I use postfix and it's pretty easy to setup the rules once you understand
how it works.
This is the link to make sure that you're not being used by spammers
http://members.iinet.net.au/~remmie/relay/

check out this link to see what you can do stop spam.

http://imgate.meiway.com/index.cfm

It talks about using it with Imail, but you can use it with anything.
the program works great. I've been using it for couple of months and stopped
over 3000 spam e-mails.