Date:      Fri, 21 Aug 1998 14:10:44 -0400
From:      Ron Steele <ron@dc.infi.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Is anyone using AOLserver under FreeBSD?

I haven't tried the linux version and I don't know of a freebsd version.
However, aolserver is highly threaded.  Given Freebsd's rather
limited support for threads, I think you would get poor performance,
if it worked at all.  The preferred platform for aolserver is Digital Unix,
where it really screams.  I happen to have this configuration setting
on a box next to my desk, and really love it.

I hear that FreeBSD 3.0 is going to have thread support.  It would
probably be worth a look at that point.

Ron