Date:      Fri, 3 Jan 1997 19:45:31 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Fieber <jfieber@indiana.edu>
To:        Sylvain Nierveze <sn@penelope.frmug.org>
Cc:        pds@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG, roberto@keltia.freenix.fr
Subject:   Re: French translation of FAQ

On Fri, 3 Jan 1997, Sylvain Nierveze wrote:

> For the moment, I only have a little problem to use french
> accentuated letters (i`) with linuxdoc, but when this problem
> is solved, I will begin the work. By the way, does anybody
> on the freebsd-doc mailing list know how to include accents
> in a linuxdoc paper ?

Two ways to choose from:

1) Just use the ISO 8859-1 character set which includes the
   necessary accents for French.

2) Use entity references.  For example &ouml; == ö.  A complete
   list of the entity names can be found in
   the files /usr/share/sgml/ISO/ on 2.2+ FreeBSD systems.

> I will use the FAQ from FreeBSD-current fetched on the 29 Dec.
> I suscribed on the doc mailing list so that I can know if there
> are new releases of the FAQ during my translation, and to keep
> it in sync with the 'official' paper.

Another way is to periodically check
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/share/doc/FAQ.  Here
you can easily retrieve the latest version of the FAQ in SGML
source form, and view the complete revision history.

-john