Date:      Thu, 29 Aug 1996 03:34:38 -0700 (PDT)
From:      asami@FreeBSD.org (Satoshi Asami)
To:        erich@lodgenet.com
Cc:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de, ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: xmahjongg port

 * Yep, execpt it looks better on >8 bit displays too.

Oh, I see.  xmj was real bad in colormap handling as I recall from my
8bpp days (it always uses its private colormap...).

 * The differences are probably similar to the differences
 * between `xmine' and `xminesweep' ;-)
 * I'd vote to keep 'em both.  Someone might be partial to the
 * quirks of one v. the other.

I don't mind either.  They are actually quite different, now that I
compared them side by side.

However, the pkg/DESCR of xmahjongg is misleading:

===
Mah jongg is an ancient chinese game usually played by four players
with tiles similar to dominos.  This is an X windows version for
the solitaire game originally seen on the PC and later ported to
SunView.  It also has a new tournament option.
 :
===

This game just uses the mahjongg tiles to play a totally different
game than the original (the four-player one).  The explanation above
is confusing.

Satoshi