Date:      Thu, 22 Nov 2007 22:36:33 +0100
From:      Ihsan Dogan <ihsan@dogan.ch>
To:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 7.3 ignores xorg.conf

on 18.11.2007 15:59 Warren Block said the following:

> What follows is my suggestion for xorg.conf, all of it.  If it still
> doesn't want to start at 1280x1024, you could remove the
> HorizSync/VertRefresh from the Monitor section and enable the
> PreferredMode option.  Or try them together.

Thank you very much Warren. Unfortunately, I still have the problem that
Xorg starts in 1024x768 if I don't set HorzSync and VertRefresh. With
HorzSync and VertRefresh it starts to 1152x768 but I can change the
resolution with xrandr to 1280x1024. As a workaround I'm doing that in
kdm's Xsession.

Thanks again for your help.

Ihsan

--