Date:      Sat, 20 Nov 1999 00:37:56 +1300
From:      "Dan Langille" <dan.langille@dvl-software.com>
To:        Mark Ovens <mark@dogma.freebsd-uk.eu.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvsup refuse files

Please note that this solution applies specifically to those sites which
are running cvsupd to mirror the cvs repository and the www sites.  I don't
think you can directly apply this solution to sup'ing your ports collection.

On 19 Nov 99, at 7:04, Mark Ovens wrote:

> Put it in /usr/sup and the entry should be relative to the base
> dir, ie /usr. I don't track -stable so I'm not sure of the exact
> entries you need but for the russian ports and docs it would contain

I've solved it.  This time, by reading the FAQ again.  In particular:

http://www.polstra.com/projects/freeware/CVSup/faq.html#refuse-where

For sup'ing the files for a cvsup repository, this is how cvsup is invoked:

cvsup -1gL 1 -c sup.client -h cvsup-master.freebsd.org supfile.non-crypto

The key is the -c parameter.  Reading the FAQ, the refuse file must be
"sup.client/refuse".  The full pathname is
/usr/local/etc/cvsup/sup.client/refuse.

Within this file I have the following:

doc/es*
doc/ja*
doc/ru*
doc/zh*
doc/fr*
ports/german*
ports/japanese*
ports/korean*
ports/russian*
ports/vietnamese*
www/es*
www/ja*
www/ru*
www/zh*
data/es*
data/ja*
data/ru*
data/zh*
www/data/es*
www/data/ja*
www/data/ru*
www/data/zh*
src/share/doc/es*
src/share/doc/ja*
src/share/doc/ru*
src/share/doc/zh*

This stops all foreign language items.  I can't see a demand for that
within New Zealand and I feel that saving the bandwidth is a higher
priority than completeness.

cheers.
--
Dan Langille - DVL Software Limited