Date:      Fri, 30 Oct 1998 10:23:01 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Quintin Oliver <quintin@smlt.com>
To:        Neil Bradley <neil@synthcom.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mgetty problems

Hi,

It appears to be the reverse for me, I can get Mgetty to work fine, but
the standard getty doesn't ;-) I found it best to first call Mgetty at the
prompt, this will allow you to check your syntax, and to see if it can
communicate with your modem:

mgetty -p "Login Name: " -n 1 -s 38400 -i /etc/motd -m '"" ATZ OK'
/dev/cuaa0

If all works ok, then the modem should be already to answer the call,
mgetty won't give you access back yo shell unless you do a "Ctrl-C" or
wait for it to answer the phone.

HTH,

Quintin.