Date:      Thu, 1 Jul 2004 16:28:31 -0400
From:      Ken Smith <kensmith@cse.Buffalo.EDU>
To:        freebsd-sparc64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Snapshot - still working on it...

On Wed, Jun 30, 2004 at 02:42:37PM -0400, Ken Smith wrote:

> Third attempt is running now, hopefully third time is a charm. :-)

Apparently not...

It's a bit hard to dance fandango on the keyboard for sparc64 so
we'll need to wait for the fix to a problem with the installation
procedure.  I'm a bit fuzzy on the whole thing but I know the person
who should know about it does know about it.  It's something along the
lines of the random number generation stuff insisting on some input
from the keyboard to unblock it when it can't find a suitable source
of random stuff elsewhere on the system.  At least on i386 with a
console it tells you about this on a vty and you can switch to that
vty and press some keys on your keyboard to unblock it.  You can't
do that on sparc64 through a serial console...

I'll watch for the fix to be committed and will give it another try
then.

--
						Ken Smith
- From there to here, from here to      |       kensmith@cse.buffalo.edu