Date:      Fri, 17 Oct 2003 14:55:41 -0400
From:      Jesse Guardiani <jesse@wingnet.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Openoffice 1.1 + native java

dick hoogendijk wrote:

> On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 17:23:44 +0000
> Matthew Faircliff <matt@databias.co.za> wrote:
>
>> I never thought I would see the day, but now I can open Excel and Word
>> docs in FreeBSD no problem! And its fast!
>>
>> I'm trashing my Windows partition tonight! Viva BSD!
>
> Why didn't you just get the FreeBSD precompiled packages for OO-1.1 ??

?? Where/How would I get that?

I'd love to get 1.1 installed on my FreeBSD 5.1-RELEASE machine, but
I don't want to cvsup my ports tree because then I wouldn't be able to
install packages. I'd have to build everything from source.

Maybe I just don't understand how to use the ports tree 100% yet...

--
Jesse Guardiani, Systems Administrator
WingNET Internet Services,