Date:      Thu, 8 Mar 2007 02:58:12 +0100
From:      Ulf Lilleengen <lulf@stud.ntnu.no>
To:        freebsd-geom@freebsd.org
Cc:        clayton@bitheaven.net, le@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Problems simulating gvinum raid5 rebuild

On ons, mar 07, 2007 at 08:55:47pm +0100, Lukas Ertl wrote:
> Clayton F wrote:
>
> >Any suggestions? Is using 7 drives exceeding the number that gvinum
> >raid5 will allow? Should I be labeling the drives differently? Is my
> >method for simulating a drive failure/replacement flawed? Any help would
> >be most appreciated!
>
> It's apparently a bug.  I'm currently working on some improvements to
> geom_vinum, and this will be addressed, too.

This mess is because when reading the gvinum configuration on boot-time, none of
the objects is actually bound together and registered within another when the
drive_taste is run (The parser just creates the object. It does not bind
anything together). The states is also not updated. I've already done some work
on this, but I discovered more issues that need to be fixed.  I'll try have a
patch ready by tomorrow night.

I also have several other fixes in the lulf_gvinum_bugs branch in p4 Lukas.

--
Ulf Lilleengen