Date:      Wed, 22 Oct 1997 09:19:42 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>
To:        Joerg Wunsch <joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: XFree86 use of libgnumalloc

On Wed, 22 Oct 1997, J Wunsch wrote:

> As Chuck Robey wrote:
>
> > I found it in Imake.tmpl, line 226, where it defined the value:
> >
> > #ifndef GnuMallocLibrary
> > #define GnuMallocLibrary -lgmalloc
>
> This is not supposed to get into effect on FreeBSD >= 2.2:
>
> #ifndef UseGnuMalloc
> /* 2.2 doesn't really have GnuMalloc */
> #if OSMajorVersion < 2 || (OSMajorVersion == 2 && OSMinorVersion < 2)

My Imake.tmpl. doesn't look like this, the line above is missing.  It
sounds very much like I must have old files, but it doesn't make sense to
me, because I lost all my old XFree86 stuff in the disk crash, and this
was recently ftp'ed and unpacked from the 3.3.1.  I found another thing
that was broken, too, the ExExt stuff.  I don't see how I could be out of
step, but I also don't see how XFree86 could possibly be so broken, it
doesn't make sense.

Do you know how I could get a reliable copy of just the
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/config directory, that would come only from the 3.3.1
version, so I could do some diffing?

> #define UseGnuMalloc            YES
> #else
> #define UseGnuMalloc            NO
> #endif
> #endif
>
> Maybe you've got an old copy of FreeBSD.cf around that does statical
> versionizing?  The current file uses:
>
> #ifndef OSName
> #define OSName                  DefaultOSName
> #endif
> #ifndef OSVendor
> #define OSVendor                /**/
> #endif
> #ifndef OSMajorVersion
> #define OSMajorVersion          DefaultOSMajorVersion
> #endif
> #ifndef OSMinorVersion
> #define OSMinorVersion          DefaultOSMinorVersion
> #endif
> #ifndef OSTeenyVersion
> #define OSTeenyVersion          DefaultOSTeenyVersion
> #endif
>
> --
> cheers, J"org
>
> joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de -- http://www.sax.de/~joerg/ -- NIC: JW11-RIPE
> Never trust an operating system you don't have sources for. ;-)

213 Lakeside Drive Apt T-1  |