Date:      Sat, 14 Feb 2004 11:14:42 -0500
From:      Adam Weinberger <adamw@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Norikatsu Shigemura <nork@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        openoffice@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: patch-config_office

>> (02.14.2004 @ 1108 PST): Norikatsu Shigemura said, in 1.4K: <<
> On 14 Feb 2004 10:23:12 -0500
> Adam Weinberger <adamw@magnesium.net> wrote:
> > I am frustrated because I haven't heard "you're wrong" or "you're right
> > but shut up for a while cuz we're busy;" I've only heard "I have no idea
> > what you're talking about."
>
> 	I know to stay unchanged.  There is a problem in kernel scheduler
> 	which was reported by Taku YAMAMOTO <taku@cent.saitama-u.ac.jp> at
> 	current@FreeBSD.org.  I confirmed this behavior and improvement by
> 	Taku's patch.  So I made and have japanese/openoffice-1.1:-).

*nodnod* I am sure that there are many other compounding factors. A
whole lot has changed in -current, almost overnight, and there's a lot
of build regressions that are cropping up in various places. I have no
doubt that the scheduler issue is contributing to this, but there is one
simple fact about my patch:

Every -current box I have tested it on that couldn't build it before,
can now compile OOo.

> > Please give me a head's up so I can stop wondering why I haven't heard
> > any response on a trivial and seemingly obvious fix. I'm not asking for
> > anything more than acknowledgement that I have not forgotten how to read
> > shell scripts. You're welcome to tell me to shit up and stop being a
> > PITA, but please give me something more than "patch-config_office
> > doesn't include -lc_r; that's just a weather balloon."
>
> 	I am not speaking as OOo maintainer, but I think this is "Not
> 	Objected by" case.  From maho@ and daichi@ (and mbr@ indirectly),
> 	I heard that I(we?) give up why cannot compile, and have no idea.

Please give my patch a try!

Edit ports/openoffice-1.1/files/patch-config_office and change
PTHREAD_LIBS="-lc_r"
PTHREAD_LIBS="-lpthread"

To me, this fix is painfully obvious, and I would love to have others
test this out too. Please give that a shot and see if it fixes the build
for you too.

# Adam

--
Adam Weinberger