Date:      Wed, 15 Aug 2001 14:24:33 -0400
From:      Daniel Frazier <dfrazier@magpage.com>
To:        darryl@osborne-ind.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Apache, MySQL,PHP4 and FP extensions - Success!

Darryl Hoar wrote:

> Step3 : cd /usr/ports/www/apache13
>         # make
>         When you see it start to config ("Checking for ....: Yes") hit
>         CTRL-C.  The idea at this point is just to have make build the
>         work sub directory structure.

great walkthru!  I've already convinced the powers-that-be at the ISP
I work for to move our email and shell servers from redhat to freebsd.

One minor nit... in step 3 you could have used "make extract"...

Daniel Frazier  <dfrazier@magpage.com>   Tel:  302-239-5900 Ext. 231
Systems Administrator                    Fax:  302-239-3909
MAGPAGE, We Power the Internet           WWW:  http://www.magpage.com/

         - Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.