Date:      Thu, 21 Nov 2002 01:13:20 -0700
From:      ertank@softhome.net
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Disk copying

Hello,

I want to backup my disk with all of its contents. Exactly, I want to copy
it completely to another disk.

I have only one freebsd partition and several slices on my disk. I want to
copy all the data to another bigger disk preserving my user and group
settings.

Is it possible to use "cp"? In this way I supposed to create my partitions
before and mount them under some partition and just "cp -Rp / /newdisk" but

Won't it start to copy the data recursively when copying reachs /newdisk?

Just curious.

Regards,

 --
Ertan Kucukoglu