Date:      Thu, 25 Sep 2003 00:02:54 +0900
From:      "R. Imura" <imura@ryu16.org>
To:        Andrey Chernov <ache@nagual.pp.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-i18n@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [Patch] cd9660/msdosfs/ntfs/libiconv mutli-byte extention

On Tue, Sep 23, 2003 at 04:09:38PM +0400, Andrey Chernov wrote:
> All you need at this stage is to find one committer who understand
> multibyte/asian stuff enough (it is not me) and can integrate this patches

Hmm, I don't know who is good at mutlibyte/asian stuff in FreeBSD.
Anybody kindly would like to look at this?
Or...
I know well about Japanese, and little about Korean(KSC5601) and
Chinese(Big5, GB2312, but not about GB18030). Though I've once given up
committer's work a few years ago, if permitted, I think I can do myself.

> into kernel module. I personally don't think it belongs to port, but,
> rather KLD module, especially if it covers most of Unicode.

It already does, or do you think about something different from me?
Unicode convertion part is in libiconv.ko and *_iconv.ko.

Regards,

- R. Imura