Date:      Fri, 6 Feb 2004 15:55:00 +0100
From:      "Gogh, Ruben van" <R.v.Gogh@kappe-int.com>
To:        "'freebsd-security@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-security@freebsd.org>
Subject:   IPFIREWALL_DEFAULT_TO_ACCEPT becomes default to deny

Hey Guys,

today I upgraded to 4.8-RELEASE-p15. As usual I set IPFIREWALL to default
accept in my kernel config file.
Config & make weren't complaining so, installed the kernel, reboot and there
it was:
>IP packet filtering initialized, divert disabled, rule-based forwarding
enabled, default to deny, logging disabled

Another rebuild didn't work out so... I reviewed /usr/src/UPDATING but
there's no such thing as dropping IPFIREWALL_DEFAULT_TO_ACCEPT.

So, is this a true bug or what?

Regards,

Ruben

The information in this e-mail is personal and may contain
	 confidential and/or priveliged material. The contents may
	 not be disclosed or used by anyone other than the addressee.
	If you are not the intended recipient, any use, disclosure,
	 copying, distribution or action taken on it is prohibited. If
	 you have received this communication in error please notify
	 us by e-mail and then delete the e-mail and all attachments.