Date:      Wed, 28 Jun 1995 14:13:36 PDT
From:      "Marty Leisner" <leisner@sdsp.mc.xerox.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   finally got things working -- more questions

I finally got NFS running (I had to disable sio0 so interrupt 4 was
free, and I had to change ed1 to use interrupt 4...)

Adding users doesn't seem to work...I'm used to just:
	1) adding an passwd entry
	2) making a home directory
	3) doing chown on the home directory...

After I add the passwd entry, I can do things normally as the user
it isn't working...what's wrong...

I noticed there's a master.passwd file  -- I tried that also with
no luck...

What's the process to add accounts?

I tried the adduser.sh script, also with negative results...

Also, the gnu binutils seem to work with linux-i386-a.out format
(i.e. nm and objdump...)
What's the difference between freebsd-a.out and linux-a.out
(file seems to work with this...)

BTW -- file 3.15 I found doesn't have the freebsd magic entries...

marty		leisner@sdsp.mc.xerox.com
Member of the League for Programming Freedom (http://www.lpf.org)
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic
        Arthur C. Clarke, The Lost Worlds of 2001