Date:      Thu, 20 Mar 2003 14:30:27 +0100
From:      "INV/Stefan K." <eSKa@gmx.info>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problem with Cardbus on 5.0-RELEASE

Hi,

I am working with 5.0-REL since its available. There
are no problems with X, Postgres and all programs I
am working with.

The only problem I have, my Xircom Realport Cardbus
RBEM56G-100 (Network part) comes up, but in the moment
I try to assign an IP-address to it, the system locks up
immediately.

I can see the dc0 interface state: active
Also the led for network-link is on and is signalling
a 100 MBit connection.

I am using a Toshiba Tecra 8000 with ToPIC97 Chipset
Bios revision is 9.30

Has anyone the same card up and running on 5.0-R ?

What did you do to get it work correctly?

Any help is welcome. Thanks in advance.

Stefan Kapfhammer