Date:      Wed, 26 Sep 2012 10:45:44 -0300
From:      Rafael Henrique Faria <rafaelhfaria@cenadigital.com.br>
To:        "ded1@MyBSD.org.my" <ded1@mybsd.org.my>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: DHCP server with a group of mac address

On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 7:03 AM, ded1@MyBSD.org.my <ded1@mybsd.org.my>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> i'm installing isc-dhcp42-server and run in the network for like 1000
> node. i have like 1000 mac address (servers, PC's, printers, phones, etc)
> which i put in the text file.
>
> FYI,
>
> Any mac address (which is in the text file) who plug into the network will
> get the ip address based on the vlan configured on the switch. Any mac
> address who's NOT in the text file, will not getting any IP and they will
> not authorize to be in our network.
>
> Is this possible to do with isc-dhcp ? I try to search around these topic
> but not much help.
>
> Anyone have any tips / shed me some light ?
>

> ---
> ded1
> MyBSD Malaysia Project
> http://www.MyBSD.org.my
> "

Sorry, but I think that this kind of control you want will be provided only
by the 802.1x.

Anyone can put a static ip address from your network range and use your
network without having its MAC Address into the dhcpd conf file.

With a layer-3 switch 802.1x cappable you can even specify a vlan to the
authenticated user, so if 2 users uses the same machine, they can get
different IP Numbers and different vLan. All based on the user
authentication before any network connection.

--
Rafael Henrique da Silva Faria