Date:      Thu, 29 Jul 2004 08:45:04 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Tony Montana <tonymontanadea@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: real player & SMB shares

Ok, further info on the situation:

I am running 4.10 and trying to access a windows 2000
pro machine which i successfully did under 4.9 with
the same exact configurations and commands as follows.

In fstab i have:

//<User>@192.x.x.x/O$ /mnt/share/O$ smbfs
rw,noauto,nodev,nosuid -N, -I=192.168.1.100 0 0
//<User>@192.x.x.x/J$ /mnt/share/J$ smbfs
rw,noauto,nodev,nosuid -N, -I=192.168.1.100 0 0

in /etx/nsmb.conf:

[SHAREHOST:SHAREUSER]
addr=192.x.x.x
password=<password>

the command i issue is
mount_smbfs -I 192.x.x.x //S-HOST@S-USER/O
/mnt/share/O

I commented out the ip and the hostnames obviously.
Other than the real player not accessing the files it
works fine. Mp3 files on the shares work fine as do
documents. I run the mount command as su as i did in
4.9. I use to get that even tho "su" would mount the
drives, "user" would get a link to the mounts on the
desktop(strange i thought) I no longer get that which
is good but now real player cant get those .rm.
It seems to me that its a real player problem but i
didnt have to make any changes to it in 4.9 i dont
know what they would have to be in 4.10