Date:      Sun, 26 Dec 1999 21:53:23 +0000
From:      Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
To:        mph <mph@fabel.dk>
Cc:        brian@Awfulhak.org, freebsd-isdn@freebsd.org, brian@hak.lan.Awfulhak.org
Subject:   Re: Callback with multiple numbers

> Hi Brian,
>
> I finally got my ISDN TA working, dialin and callback too, but when giving
> multiple callback numbers to the m$ client then the client (in this case
> win98) shows a blank dropdown box, how should the numbers be seperated in
> the ppp.secret file. I've tried ',' and ' ' but still it was blank I only
> works with '*' or the exact number. Any idea?

It should work ok with something like

  set cbcp 12345,67890

If you want to embed spaces, you must put the whole argument in
quotes.  Enable cbcp logging to ensure that ppp is sending what you
expect it to be.

> Suggestion: I thought it would be nice if you could use the number
> presentation fram the isdnd or something, like not calling back but using
> the number presentated over the network by the network operator for
> security as well as dial back.

This is a good idea.  The problem is getting that number up to the
ppp level.  I can imagine this is fairly easy if isdnd is in use (we
just need a ``call information'' ioctl for the i4brbch device), but
making this available through a TA would be horrible :-(

I've put it on my list of things to do.  I really need to do some
work on the i4b side of things anyway....

> Also the admins should have the opportunity not to be called back, if I
> cancel the callback prompt at the client the call dies...

What does that look like on the ppp(8) side when you ``set log +cbcp'' ?
You can already do this if you add ``none'' to the ``set callback''
line, but this isn't always useful as it's not specified per user....

> Kind regards,
> Martin P. Hansen
> <mph@fabel.dk>

Cheers.