Date:      Thu, 17 Aug 2000 23:21:02 -0600
From:      Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
To:        "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@nwlink.com>, Rahul Siddharthan <rsidd@physics.iisc.ernet.in>
Cc:        Arun Sharma <adsharma@sharmas.dhs.org>, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Sun's web site

At 11:58 AM 8/17/2000, Jason C. Wells wrote:

>But FreeBSD is a server OS.

Strongly disagree. I use FreeBSD on development workstations.

>Most everything the hackers is do is server-centric.

Again, I disagree.

[Snip]

>And so what about the GPL. Do you (you rhetorically speaking) use tar? Do
>you use bash? Do you use gzip? I don't reject using good functioning
>software based on license.

You should. Only if we reject GPLed software will we prevent it from
becoming the only choice -- that is, from depriving us of ANY choice.
That is the GPL's goal, and due to acquiescence to its unethical terms
it is succeeding.

--Brett