Date:      18 Jul 2002 00:42:10 +0000
From:      Wayne Pascoe <freebsd@penguinpowered.org.uk>
To:        "Rafter Man" <rafter@linuxmail.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Telnetd

"Rafter Man" <rafter@linuxmail.org> writes:

> Hi Subscribers
>
> If I have a server running telnetd and sshd, how can I denie a users
> telnet access (he must have ssh access also using passwords).

For starters, I would strongly deny telnet access by default. There
are very few good reasons to use telnet in this day and age, and the
horrible insecurity of it makes it worth binning.

Having done my 'Responsible adult' preaching, I think you might be
able to do what you want using PAM. Have a look through the PAM docs
and see if that helps you.

Regards,

--
- Wayne Pascoe  -  http://www.penguinpowered.org.uk/wayne/
    You have zero privacy anyway, get over it