Date:      Fri, 03 Feb 2006 13:01:40 -0800
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        Par Leijonhufvud <par@hunter-gatherer.org>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: What usb memory sticks work with STABLE and CURRENT?

> Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 20:07:48 +0100
> From: Par Leijonhufvud <par@hunter-gatherer.org>
> Sender: owner-freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
>
> Gunnar Flygt <gunnar.flygt@sr.se> [2006.02.03] wrote:
> > Question is all in the Subject
>
> Stable as in what version? Anyway, I'm using a bog standard ScanDisk[1]
> with 5.3-RELEASE with no problems. I formated it FAT<mumble> for
> compatibility with both my machine and the windows boxes at work.
>
> /Par
>
> [1] SKR 300 at Claes Olsson...
>
> --
> Par Leijonhufvud                               par@hunter-gatherer.org
> [Byzantine religious controversy] "If you ask how much something, you are told
> that the Father is greater than the Son; if you ask is my bath ready, you are
> told that the Son was created out of nothing. (Bishop Liutprand of Cremona)

I routinely use an Apacer and have not has any problems with it for a
LONG time.

If you are getting the /dev/da* devices created, that indicates that it
is working. I'm a bit suspicious of the file system. How was it created?
I put a UFS file system on mine (or half of mine), but I don't remember
all of the details. I think I used sysinstall to slice and label
it. And, of course, I had to newfs it.

It comes with a FAT file system on it and on all of my newer fobs, I
just leave it there since I'm usually writing a file to put on someone's
Windows laptop. "mount -t msdos /dev/da0s1 /mnt"
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)