Date:      Tue, 28 Nov 2006 19:56:49 +1100 (EST)
From:      "Dean Hamstead" <dean@bong.com.au>
To:        "Matthew T. Lager" <mlager@milieunetworks.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: FreeBSD on a Intel Mac...

apple hardware is really well tested and in my experience very reliable.

the darwin source has helped a lot of drivers appear, but also the lack
of variety in hardware means that everyone using a mac (with freebsd
linux openbsd etc) is interested in getting the hardware going.

further more, mac hardware seems to use similar components in all
models (ok the cpu) - but in the ppc world  there is logical progression.
so developers arent always reinventing the wheel

there are some thoughts, valid or otherwise.

Dean