Date:      Mon, 25 Sep 2006 10:33:17 -0500
From:      Bruce Burden <brucegb@realtime.net>
To:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: fbsd 6-stable i386 in server amd64

On Mon, Sep 25, 2006 at 12:11:51PM -0300, Roberto Lima wrote:

> My system ignores 4gb ram, and shows only 3.3gb.

	That is because BIOS takes a certain amount of space
   for the devices. You are relatively fortunate, my 4GB system
   only allows my 2.5GB of memory, due to the number of devices
   I have.

> How I do to build kernel amd64 in i386? its possible?

	Yes, it is possible. I believe /usr/src/UPDATING has
   the many steps required. It is not, however, recommended.
   Installing from a AMD64 CD/DVD is much the recommended
   method.

>                                                       And the option
> PAE in kernel i386, works if i compile with kernel i386 in my server?

	It does, but you will lose the ability to load kernel
   modules. Since the mfe driver is a loadable module, PAE is
   not a possibility for me.

							Bruce
  "I like bad!"                         Bruce Burden    Austin, TX.
        - Thuganlitha
        The Power and the Prophet
        Robert Don Hughes