Date:      Tue, 14 Feb 95 21:46:13 MST
From:      terry@cs.weber.edu (Terry Lambert)
To:        ats@g386bsd.first.gmd.de (Andreas Schulz)
Cc:        GEZA@fa.gau.hu, FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Quota

> One Word of Warning: you should only enable one filesystem with
> quotas on FreeBSD 2.0. Many people have reported problems with
> two or three filesystems and quotas enabled.

This seems to be related to kernel initiated file I/O to the quota
file being handled in a rather (unexpected) way.

I think it would help to slightly modify the in core super block
and keep the quota file as a real rather than a virtual open
instance.

I also think making the file largers so that a quota record won't
cause it to expand would work around the problem for now.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@cs.weber.edu
---
or previous employers.