Date:      Mon, 09 May 2005 13:56:56 +0200
From:      Arne Schwabe <arne@rfc2549.org>
To:        Jiasheng Hao <haojs@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ACPI seems fatal error on my T41

Jiasheng Hao <haojs@yahoo.com> writes:

> I install FreeBSD on my new T41 2373-9FC, and all
> works wonderful.
> But I find some problem:
>
> 1. sleep/suspend/resume dosnot work at all;
> 2. closing the lid or pressing any special key(such as
> volume control, fn+f3, etc)
>    will make the machine hung, staying there with no
> repsonse any more;

I had that problem too with my t40 (2373-g3g iirc) Happend to me only
if I had the 2nd battery inserted instead of the cdrom

There is a tool called ps2.exe for windows or dos. With that tool you
can disable the 2nd ide adapter. CD rom does still work and nothing
changes but pressing spezial keys won't kill your machine anymore.

Arne