Date:      Fri, 24 May 2002 19:13:51 +0300
From:      Andrew <perl@ukrpost.net>
To:        George Patterson <george@visp.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re[2]: Accounting

  Hello George.

Friday, May 24, 2002, 6:46:51 PM, you wrote:

GP> The web traffic and ftp traffic could be done monitored by using squid... Using Authentication in there.

GP> A collegue of mine has set up a *large* squid box to do just that in a school of 500 machines. It also filters the content and logs all page accesses and content trangressions (such as porn and
GP> other inaapropriate) material.

  I   already   set  up  squid  so  that  it  only  allows  users  who
authenticated  in  domain  use  HTTP/FTP.  But  it  only  checks users
login/password  with  Samba.  I  cannot find how to do accounting with
squid, for example, block access for user who reached the limit of 10M
per day and reset this counter in 12:00 AM.

  All  software I found can only perform accounting based on IP or MAC
address while I have 2 - 3 persons using the same machine.

--
Yours sincerely,
 Andrew                          mailto:perl@ukrpost.net