Date:      Sat, 12 Dec 1998 09:57:14 -0700
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@plutotech.com>
To:        Tom Wadlow <wadlow@pilot.net>
Cc:        "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@plutotech.com>, scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: A problem with SCSI

>I've built out several systems from 3.0-RELEASE that all seeem to manifest thi
>s problem.
>Two die on a regular basis.  The third gets strange messsages but seems to sta
>y up.
>
>Machines dying with "Invalidating pack"
>	A)	Pentium 100MHz
>		64MB RAM
>		BusLogic 496 SCSI controller
>		4GB Connor SCSI (only device on the SCSI chain)
>		Ethernet
>		Floppy

This is most likely a bad interaction between your buslogic 946 and the
Connor drives.  Can you mail me the dmesg output from your machine just
after boot?

There have been several bug fixes to the Buslogic driver since 3.0R.  Your
problem may be solved by running a more recent SNAPSHOT or using CVSup
to pull -current.

--
Justin