Date:      Fri, 8 Oct 1999 09:42:16 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Konrad Heuer <kheuer@gwdu60.gwdg.de>
To:        He Jun <hejun@post.comm.eng.osaka-u.ac.jp>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Question about CPU timeslice used in modern UNIX including BSD,LINUX

On Thu, 7 Oct 1999, He Jun wrote:

> My name is He Jun. I am a graduate student majoring in Communications in
> Japan. I work on a project on load balancing in large-scale distributed
> systems. For the purpose of research, I want to know how long is the CPU
> time slice(or quantum)usually being set to in most modern UNIX systems
> nowadays. I went to the Web site of  freebad.org ,looking through several
> documents of open source code, but failed to find out what I need
> ultimately. So I turned to you for help. If you know the answer or where =
the
> answer is likely to be found,please be kind to email me.Thanks a lot.

As far as I know, the most relevant source code file to your question is
(e.g., on ftp.freebsd.org):

pub/soft/unix/bsd/FreeBSD/branches/-current/src/sys/kern/kern_synch.c

I didn't found the time to study it in detail, but it may be a starting
point for you.

Regards

//
// Konrad Heuer                                  ____            ___  _____=
__=20
// Gesellschaft f=FCr wissenschaftliche           / __/______ ___ / _ )/ __=
/ _ \
//    Datenverarbeitung mbH G=D6ttingen          / _// __/ -_) -_) _  |\ \/=
 // /
// Am Fa=DFberg, D-37077 G=D6ttingen              /_/ /_/  \__/\__/____/___=
/____/=20
// Deutschland (Germany)                      ----- The Power to Serve ----=