Date:      Thu, 10 Aug 2000 10:30:07 -0400
From:      hyghlander@mindspring.com
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Firewalling for PPP Connections

Folks:

I've never been the sharpest knife in the drawer, but I was a little confused about the reference to a network card in http://www.freebsd.org/tutorials/dialup-firewall/rules.html.   For my PPP interface, I'm going out via tun0 to a modem on  a serial port.  To the best of my knowledge there's no network card in the machine.

Can I therefore skip this part of the configuration?

TIA

Don