Date:      Thu, 4 Jun 1998 22:17:52 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        Ruslan Ermilov <ru@ucb.crimea.ua>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Any good documentation on CCD

On Thu, 4 Jun 1998, Ruslan Ermilov wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Man pages for ccd(4) and ccdconfig(8) and two FAQ topics
> do not gave me enough information.
>
> I have a couple of unaswered questions:
>
> 1. How to setup mirror mode?

Interleave = 0

> 2. Once set, can I change interleave on-the-fly? (I assume, no)

Nope.

> 3. What is the CCDF_SWAP, CCDF_UNIFORM flags for?

Don't know.  I'm guessing the CCDF_SWAP flag is meant for when you use a
ccd as a swap partition, but I don't think anyone's tried it nor do I
think it works.  FreeBSD already stripes swap, although you can't split it
across ccd'd disks. (i'd have to experiment with striping disks that
didn't take up the whole drive.)

ccd is coming up for replacement by Greg's vinum driver.  Hopefully it's
better documented, considering that the ccd main site has gone SOL :)

NOTICE:  gdi.uoregon.edu is going down, please use dwhite@resnet!