Date:      Fri, 19 Nov 1999 14:24:39 +0100
From:      Matthias Buelow <token@wuff.mayn.de>
To:        Eduardo Viruena Silva <mrspock@esfm.ipn.mx>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: X Window programming.

Eduardo Viruena Silva wrote:

>All I want is a window, with a graphics context, where I can draw lines
>and points.

For this, you probably have to dive into Xlib since all the
toolkits mostly provide widgets and gadgets (the user interface
parts) while applications do arbitrary drawing with Xlib itself
(there's nothing that would make it much simpler, you still have
to invoke a function to draw a line, for example).
You might want to look into Tcl/Tk if Xlib shocks you, it's
perhaps a bit easier to get into.

mkb