Date:      Thu, 18 Dec 2003 11:39:40 +0100
From:      Fredrik Lindberg <freddeNOSPAM@shapeshifter.se>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ACPI/PCI-bus issue with compaq evo n160

On Wed, Dec 17, 2003 at 05:23:47PM -0500, John Baldwin (jhbNOSPAM@FreeBSD.org) wrote:

> On 17-Dec-2003 Wilko Bulte wrote:

> >> What if you remove the debug.acpi.disable line?
> >
> > The system hangs during boot just after printing "Mounting root <foo>"

Acctually, if you boot in verbose mode the last line is "trying /sbin/init", perhaps the the root partition is successfully mounted and something weird is happening when switching to multi-user mode?

> And you have an interrupt storm on irq 10?

Yes, the irq 10 storm occurs at that point.
I've pretty much tried all possible cominations of the above settings in
loader.conf, and the debug.acpi.disable setting is the only one that makes it boot with acpi enabled.