Date:      Mon, 22 Jan 2001 09:56:40 -0600
From:      "Shawn Barnhart" <swb@grasslake.net>
To:        <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Non-sequential one-time passwords?

I'm looking for a way to do one time passwords.  S/Key would work great, but
when generating several passwords it turns out they have to be used
sequentially rather than at random. The sequential nature of S/Key passwords
is kind of a problem, because I don't think I can rely on the people giving
out the one-time passwords to properly ensure they're given out in sequence
and they can't guarantee they will be used in sequence.

The basic idea is to have say five accounts, each with a block of 10
one-time passwords.  These could be given out on an as-needed basis to
freelancers for access to an FTP site.

Is there some scheme for doing this or am I SOL?