Date:      Sat, 16 Feb 2002 02:28:30 +0300
From:      "Andrey A. Chernov" <ache@nagual.pp.ru>
To:        Konstantin Chuguev <Konstantin.Chuguev@dante.org.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG, i18n@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: iconv port: plea for take-over

On Fri, Feb 15, 2002 at 10:36:30 +0000, Konstantin Chuguev wrote:

> I am really sorry, but being the only developer I did not have enough time
> to make new versions. Finally, it happened that I do not have any FreeBSD
> systems around me.

Unless somebody will take its maintainership, we need to switch to GNU
iconv and mark iconv as BROKEN. Currently iconv have several problems
which affects ports badly (like dead loops). GNU iconv libs/headers at
this moment installed with non-default "g"  prefix so require more
ports patching efforts to use it.

--
Andrey A. Chernov
http://ache.pp.ru/