Date:      Tue, 21 Feb 1995 06:29:34 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@freefall.cdrom.com>
To:        announce@freefall.cdrom.com
Cc:        hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   comp.os.bsd.freebsd.* passes!

Well, for better or for worse (and some of you will have different
opinions on this) the CFV on the comp.os.bsd.* reorganization passed.
There are now 386bsd, FreeBSD and NetBSD specific groups.

Despite any misgivings people may have about the split, I think it's
incumbent upon us to now make the best possible use of our new newsgroups.

I would also like to extend special thanks to Kaleb S. Keithley for
dealing with the incredible amount of suffering and debate that this
whole process entailed.  Whatever their opinion of the outcome,
I don't think that anyone can argue that Kaleb put in a great deal
of work for absolutely zero reward.  It's an absolutely thankless
job, and Kaleb did it!  Thank you, Mr. Keithley!

					Jordan