Date:      Fri, 1 Jun 2012 22:50:13 -0400
From:      Glen Barber <gjb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Ulrich =?iso-8859-1?Q?Sp=F6rlein?= <uqs@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Please review WINE chapter addition and linuxemu rename

Hi,

On Fri, Jun 01, 2012 at 08:05:09PM -0600, Warren Block wrote:
> On Fri, 1 Jun 2012, Ulrich Spörlein wrote:
>
> > in the process of adding the WINE section from the wiki to the handbook
> > (GCIN 2011 project, yeah I know, I was rather busy ...), I also took the
> > liberty of renaming it from linuxemu to compat. Also in the hope that
> > someday we might have a blurp on SVR4 compatibility, although I guess no
> > one is really interested in that.
> >
> > Anyway, please review the proposed changes at
> > https://github.com/uqs/freebsd-doc/commits/wine
> > or clone that branch and have a closer look.
>
> Like Gabor suggested, a single diff makes it easier to see all that has
> changed.
>
> > Rendering of that branch can be found here:
> > https://www.spoerlein.net/handbook/compat.html
>
> Just looking at the WINE section:
>
>    "check the Wine AppDB on their main website."
>
> "their main website" could be removed.
>
> Those <programlistings> should be <screen> sections:

> &prompt.root; /etc/rc.d/ldconfig start</screen>
>
> And so on.  Note that the ending tag should go on the last line of
> output.  If it is on a line of its own, there's an extra blank line in
> the rendered version.

To add to Warren's style comments, there should be an empty line between

The closing </para> tags should not be on a separate line alone.

It might be good to use &quot; in place of literal double quotes
surrounding Wine is not an Emulator.

"make install clean" could be sgml-ified as:

without quotes.

Regards,

Glen