Date:      Sun, 05 May 2002 19:43:31 +0200
From:      dirk.meyer@dinoex.sub.org (Dirk Meyer)
To:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sendmail monitor and vacation

John Angelmo wrote:

> I wonder if there are any good sendmail mrtg scripts that you guys/girls
> would recomend, I'm looking for something where I can say the amount of
> messages sent per hour/day/week/month/year

in the ports:
ports/mail/sma

> And what kind of scripts for autoreply on vacation would you recoment,
> there are two problems. The users are windows users and can't handle a
> shell and vi  ;) so a webinterface (or similar) is needed, and in some
> way handle so it dosn't reply to specific adresses (mailinglists)

I wrote a small tool in delphi, which creates a forward.ini in the
user home directory ( using samba ).
I plan swich to a webinterface with "smb_auth" soon.

a vacation tool is included in the sendmail port,
but I trust it not for accounts that have extensive mailing lists.
Some mailing-list are just to braind-dead.

kind regards Dirk

- Dirk Meyer, Im Grund 4, 34317 Habichtswald, Germany
- [dirk.meyer@dinoex.sub.org],[dirk.meyer@guug.de],[dinoex@FreeBSD.org]