Date:      Fri, 18 Jan 2002 08:41:51 -0800
From:      Christopher Elkins <chrise@scardini.com>
To:        Dan Pelleg <peldan@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/33975: Update port: net/unison to 2.7.7

On Fri, Jan 18, 2002 at 06:59:43AM -0500, Dan Pelleg wrote:

> Maintainer note: I didn't go to 2.7.7 because in my opinion the incremental
> change from 2.7.1 was not significant. Communicating with the PR submitter,
> I understand the issue with 2.7.7 is that he's synching with a 2.7.7 client
> on a Linux machine and the only pre-packaged version for that platform is
> 2.7.7.

Yes, that is indeed my situation (FreeBSD desktop <-> Debian laptop).

> In summary, I have no objection to the 2.7.7 upgrade in itself. But it is
> my plan to move to 2.7.39 fairly soon.

In that case, feel free to close this PR. I solved my problem by upgrading
the port locally, so to be honest I couldn't care less whether it gets
updated in CVS. :-)  (My almost-automatic reaction whenever I find the need
to update a port is to submit a PR.)

--
Christopher Elkins