Date:      Mon, 4 Jun 2001 15:47:21 +0300
From:      Alexey Zelkin <phantom@ark.cris.net>
To:        Alexander Voropay <a.voropay@globalone.ru>
Cc:        Ruslan Ermilov <ru@FreeBSD.ORG>, Andre Charbonneau <andrec@corel.com>, freebsd-i18n@FreeBSD.ORG, Alexey Zelkin <phantom@cris.net>
Subject:   Re: langinfo...

hi,

On Mon, Jun 04, 2001 at 04:22:26PM +0400, Alexander Voropay wrote:

>  What about   localedef(1)  and  locale(1)  POSIX _utilities_ ?

locale(1) is on way. localedef(1) is also on way, but only projected
for now. My recent work on support of LC_NUMERIC,LC_MONETARY and LC_MESSAGES
locale categories support is dedicated to localedef(1) work.

Unfortunately I did not much work in this way due to my diploma
proje^Wproblem. I'll continue as soon as fix this problem. :)

> Ruslan Ermilov <ru@FreeBSD.ORG> wrote:
> >>    I recently installed freeBSD 4.3 and I realized that the
> >>    langinfo funcitons are not part of the system.  Is there anything else
> >>    that I can use in my C programs to examine locale settings?
> >>
> >nl_langinfo(3) interface is available in FreeBSD 5.0.
> >Bug Alexey Zelkin <phantom@FreeBSD.org> if you want this MFC'ed.

It needs some tweaks before MFCed. Some of them are ready, but not carefully
tested. This task is also suspended due to lack of time (see above
description). Anyway I hope to see nl_langinfo(3) and related stuff MFCed
before 4.4-RELEASE.