Date:      Thu, 12 Apr 2001 12:23:59 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Conrad Sabatier <conrads@home.com>
To:        Jason Nugent <malhavoc@www.stomped.com>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: a word of appreciation

[ redirected to freebsd-chat from freebsd-stable ]

On 12-Apr-2001 Jason Nugent wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I'm not sure how much you get of this, but I just wanted to say thanks to
> all of you working on the freebsd project.  You do fine work.  I'm not
> sure how often you get to hear that, so I'm going to say it now.

I'd like to second this.  I've been using FreeBSD for close to five years now.
Throughout that time, the FreeBSD development and core teams have exhibited
only the highest level of professionalism and sound judgement re: the future
direction of FreeBSD development.  You don't see this kind of commitment to
quality from many commercial developers, making the contributions of the
FreeBSD team to this free, open-source OS all the more remarkable.

It gives me a feeling of the utmost confidence in those involved in the
continuing evolution of this "insanely great" operating system.  How many can
say that about *their* OS?

Not to mention the fantastic support that is available through the mailing
lists.

FreeBSD folks, we salute you!

--
Conrad Sabatier